Green Gate Gatersleben is a joint initiative of all plant biotechnology and associated enterprises and institutes located in Gatersleben and surrounding area. Our goal is the marketing and showcasing of Gatersleben as the most important plant biotech location in Germany.
We are located in the middle of Germany in the State of Saxony-Anhalt.
The Leibniz-Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research has a workforce of nearly 500.
- More than 300.000 sqm developed premises and more than 70 ha fields
- 4.500 sqm greenhouses and 10.000 sqm laboratory facilities
- Infrastrucutre provision for company relocations and start-ups
- Support and networks for start-ups
Our Products and Services
- Marker-assisted Breeding
- Crop transformation
- Genetic and phenotypic analysis of plants
- Plant care in upscale greenhouses
- Chemical syntheses
- Production of double haploid plants
- Extraction and characterization of plant ingredients
- Databases for precision breeding