Being based on connector blocks, the new DC-Manager System, DC stands for Distributed Control, is an alternative to the LabManager® laboratory automation system, which is based on plug connectors. The DC-Manager system is designed for installation in control cabinets. Accordingly it is used when sensors, actuators and devices are permanently wired. The functionality is congruent with the LabManager® system. A mixed use of LabManager® alongside DC-Manager is possible, for example if one part of the instrumentation is to be wired permanently and another part flexibly. Each connection module has four interfaces. The connecting terminal is plugged in, so that the wiring can be done without any tools.
- Analogue Input (AI) -10...+10 V, 0/4...20 mA with sensor supply
- Resistance temperature sensors (PT100), -240...+850 °C, with conductor error detection
- Thermoelements (Types R, J, L, B, T, N, S, E, K and user defined characteristics) with conduct error detection
- Analogue Output (AO) -10...+10 V, 0/4...20 mA)
- Digital Input, 24 V (NAMUR), binary, event and frequency counter
- Digital Output, 24 V binary, PWM, pulse area modulation
- Serial RS-232 interface, NAMUR protocols, Modbus protocol
- Serial RS-485 interface, NAMUR protocols, Modbus protocol
The modules offer the same, exceptional measurement precision and functionality as the LabManager I/O-modules. Distributed systems can easily be realised by means of bus coupling units .
Equally to the LabManager® the bus system is self-configurating, so that even users without special knowledge in automation can install the system.
With the DC-Manager system, applications designed in the laboratory can now migrate into the next scale-up step, e.g. pilot plant, without changes to the process.