For data analysis in the lab and in production, the Excel add-in EasyStat provides the ideal combination between user-friendliness and functionality. validated software extends the basic Excel functionality with data visualization techniques and statistical analyses.
The following statistical tools are implemented in EasyStat:
- Histogram, stratified histogram, stem- and leaf diagram (data inspection)
- Boxplot (for compact presentation of data, comparison of groups)
- Quantile plot (for judging distribution normality)
- Summary statistics (mean, median, quartiles, standard deviation, etc.)
- Confidence interval (e. g. to set specifications)
- Outlier tests (for identifying and adequate treating of extreme values)
- Scatterplot, normal or with stratification (for identifying and better understanding of relationships between variables); several variables: scatterplot matrix
- Correlation and linear regression, normal or with confidence lines (for quantifying the linear relationship between two variables); prediction and calibration
- Process capability analysis (for assessing location and stability of a process), incl. calculation of capability indices
- Control chart, also with calculation of Cp and Cpk values, and Cusum chart (for process monitoring, disturbance identification and shift detection)
- Interlaboratory experiment (for repeatability and reproducibility studies)
- t-test (most common test for comparing two samples); lucid user guidance for choosing the appropriate test (paired, unpaired, unequal variances)
- ANOVA (analysis of variance, for comparing several samples), for up to two factors, if desired including their interaction; still possible if some measurement values are missing.
EasyStat runs under Windows 7/8/10 with Excel 2003-16.
In this context, AICOS Technologies Ltd. offers several courses with exercises on PC: Visualization of Lab Data, Analysis of Lab Data, Biostatistics, Statistical Quality and Process Control,...