The pKa PRO™ is a dedicated system for the rapid measurement of acid dissociation constants (pKa values) of water soluble and insoluble compounds. The system utilizes multi-channel, parallel capillary electrophoresis with fixed wavelength UV absorbance for the separation and detection of compounds as a function of pH value. The separation-based format enables the accurate measurement of compound pKa values even in the presence of sample impurities. Application-specific software seamlessly integrates collection of data, calculation of pKa values, and reporting/exporting of results. Predefined separation methods reduce interlaboratory variability and enable the user to focus on results. The pKa PRO™ has been extensively validated and 7 of the top 10 pharmas utilize pKa PRO™ technology.
Additional Key Features of the pKa PRO™ Include:
- Wide range of pKa measurement, from pH 1.7 - 11.2 (24-point buffer system).
- Straightforward, very intuitive data analysis.
- High sensitivity enables aqueous measurements when traditional methods require cosolvents.
- Direct display of overall charge vs. pH, enabling calculation of isoelectric point (pI value).
- Ready to use aqueous and cosolvent pH buffer plates for performing pKa measurements.
- Log P measurements and/or chiral separations can also be performed with an optional upgrade.